If right now you are asking yourself why you should travel to Tenerife, the answer is quite simple, because you are going to have a great time and you are going to love it.
Maybe this is a somewhat subjective opinion, so we are going to present you some reasons so you can judge for yourself.
- Tenerife is the biggest island of the Canarian Archipelago with a surface of 2,034 square kilometers, and the most populated island in Spain with a population of almost 900,000 inhabitants. The capital of the Island is Santa Cruz de Tenerife being the most populous municipality with a little bit more than two hundred thousand inhabitants. The second city of the island, by its population, is San Cristobal de La Laguna with more than 150,000 inhabitants. It was declared as World Heritage by the UNESCO in 1999, for being a unique and beautiful example of a non-walled colonial city.
- 23 degrees is the average temperature of the island, with warms summers and mild winters and about three thousand hours of light per year. Together with the almost 70 km of coast, these two things will help you to escape from you daily routine and enjoy this natural paradise.
- We must highlight that the island has more than one hundred and fifty swimming areas among beaches, coves, and natural pools, of which several beaches have been awarded the blue flag. It has more than forty protected natural spaces that make up for almost half of the territory. It has two zones declared as World Heritage and a National park, The National Park of El Teide. With all this, the visit to the island is more than justified and we are certain that you will spend some wonderful days discovering all the wonders of this island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
- In the National Park of El Teide, you have the volcano named “El Teide” being the highest point in Spain with an altitude of 3,718 meters above the sea level, and also being the most visited park in Spain with more than 3 million visits per year. It is simply majestic. If you dare, you can reach the top by feet, or with the cable car.
- Also of great interest in the island is the party of the Carnival in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, that has been declared as a party of international touristic interest, and it is usually celebrated in February or at the beginning of March. Thanks to the good weather, after sunset you can enjoy a great variety of leisure activities on the island, visit outdoor restaurants, pubs, and terraces. There is also a wide offer of discos and dance halls for those who want to enjoy the night in a more intense way.
- It is wonderful how you can live unforgettable experiences every day you are on the island. From going to the beach, to visit El Teide, and have the possibility to play with the snow, and even take a swim in beaches where you can see the snowed Teide, an incredible experience to recharge your batteries.
- You can easily connect with nature thanks to the leafy forests covered with the endemic Canarian pine trees and the Laurisilva. There are pathways full of vegetation and beauty where you can enjoy the fauna and flora present in the island. Yo can see majestic ravines, big cliffs in Los Gigantes, volcanic landscapes, volcanoes, valleys, beaches, and coves. You can enjoy this on your own or through one of the various companies specialized in activities in nature.
- In the waters of Tenerife, you can observe more than 20 cetacean species, among which we find the tropical pilot whales and the bottlenose dolphins. That is why this island is also a prominent destination for cetacean observation.
- The marine area where you can see them is between the southwest part of Tenerife and La Gomera. The best part is that you can watch them throughout the year.
- Among the many the attractions of the island, we can mention cultural aspects like the colonial architecture, or the contemporary architecture with the impressive Tenerife Auditorium designed by the engineer Santiago Calatrava. You can also visit its many museums, the Teatro Leal in La Laguna and the Teatro Guimerá in Santa Cruz. You can go shopping or visit the theme parks, among which we can highlight the Loro Parque and the Siam Park. This last one is considered one of the best water parks in the world and one of the biggest amusement theme parks in Europe.
- Another thing you can do in Tenerife is to take care of your body and mind. You can do so by spending some time in one of the multiple Spa centers on the island, where you can be received by professionals that will give you the most advanced health and beauty treatments. From a chocolate wrap to a massage with hot stones o algae, or a relaxing massage. This will be very good for you after a long day of excursions.
- We can’t forget the wide typical gastronomical offer that you can find on the island. Among it, there are the well-known “Guachinches”, family food houses placed in garages or terraces in the rural areas. They are only open during the period when there is wine from their own crops, that is served together with various typical Canarian dishes at a low price. Among the Canarian typical dishes you can try in Tenerife we can mention the cheeses, the fresh fish, the “gofio”, the potatoes, the wines, and certain soups.
Ultimately, you can choose between an endless number of corners where you can get lost and enjoy life in its purest state, are you going to miss it?