We all have very clear that our exotic Canary Islands are one of the most famous touristic centers in the world, also during the winter. Millions of visitors come to us every year to enjoy its privileged weather, due to its closeness to the tropic, near the African continent and bathed by the waters of the Atlantic.
Besides this, visitors of the Islands are marvelled with the wonderful volcanic landscapes and are willing to visit its 4 natural parks (Canarias is the Spanish region with a higher number of them), its five biosphere reserves, its 2 marine reserves and 3 world heritage named by the UNESCO, one historical, San Cristóbal de La Laguna, another natural one, The national park of Las Cañadas del Teide, and one intangible, the whistling of La Gomera. All this, together with its charming people and a tasty and healthy gastronomy, make this island the ideal place to spend your holidays with your friends, your couple, or you family.
To go camping in Tenerife is a great choice and within reach of all pockets, as it is free (except in certain places), furthermore almost all the camping areas in Tenerife are next to recreational areas with parking and other services that will make you camping in Tenerife more comfortable.
Camping zones in the South of Tenerife
Almost 80% of the tourism that arrives at the island does it by plane and the other 20% comes in cruises. With this post, we want to encourage all our readers to arrive at the island with mobile homes, because every day we are more prepared so that enjoying the Canary Islands in vans, mobile homes, and trailers becomes a reality. For that, we have two Shipping companies (Armas and Acciona), that join the Mainland and the rest of Europe with the Canary Islands. Between islands, we have the Armas company and Fred Olsen.
Next, we show you our favorite areas to spend the night in the province of Tenerife.
- El Rosario
– Las Raíces:
Road C824 La Laguna – El Portillo kilometer 9
Capacity: 30 people-
You have a parking, there is a bar nearby. You also have water, benches, tables, and cookers, and also a kid’s zone but there are no bathrooms.
– Los Frailes
Road TF-4133 Arafo – Dorsal, in the kilometer number 6 follow the paved road to the left. There is no public transportation.
Capacity: 10 people
You will find parking zone, cookers, benches and tables, water, and bathrooms.
8 kilometers from the Contador. Lomo de Arico – El Contador Road, 16 kilometers. There is no public transportation to this area.
Capacity: 100 people
You only have water
4. Guía de Isora
– Chío Road TF 823 Chío- Boca Tauce – Las Cañadas kilometer 12.5. There is no public transportation to this place.
Capacity: 30 people
You have a parking space for ten cars, bathrooms, water, kid’s and sport’s zone, tables, benches, and cookers.
5. Los Gigantes
Next to the famous cliffs of Los Gigantes, at about 90 kilometers from the capital of the island, and near a small town with the same name, we find this parking space. To be honest is a parking from a residential area. It is just a couple steps away from the beach, the sports port, and next to the public pool, it is ideal to spend a couple relaxed days. It has no additional services.
We recommend you to arrive at the end of the day to find a spot because during the rest of the day is practically impossible.
Coordinates: N28.243803 W16.84215
6. San José de Los Llanos.
Located in the northeast of the Island, in the middle of the mountain and surrounded by pine trees, you find this nice area to rest. It is the ideal place to spend the night in the middle of nature and get up early in the morning to do some trekking. From this place, several walking routes start, among them the famous one that leads you to the Chinyero Volcano.
During the winter temperatures can go below zero and during summer nights you should probably also need a coat.